This simple pasta dish, historically made with cheese, milk, butter and oil, has been given a wholesome makeover, utilizing cashews and white beans to create the creamy white sauce. The cashews add richness whereas the white beans assist preserve the energy down.
Here we go find our incredible tools for pasta on this kitchen utensils list
Prep time: Fettuccini Alfredo
Serves: four (makes about 2.25 cups sauce)
- For the pasta:
- 1 bundle fettuccini pasta (12 ounces), to serve four
- For the sauce:
- ¾ cup water
- 2 ounces uncooked, unsalted cashews (about ½ cup)
- 1 can white beans (15 ounces; about 1½ cups), drained and rinsed
- three tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¾ teaspoon floor white pepper
- ½ teaspoon freshly floor nutmeg (or a pinch to ¼ teaspoon preground)
- 1 ounce cashews, walnuts, or pine nuts (about ¼ cup; for non-obligatory garnish)
- Chopped parsley (for non-obligatory garnish)
- To begin the Alfredo sauce, place the water and cashews right into a blender, and put aside for no less than 15 minutes (so the cashews can soften).
- Cook the pasta in line with the bundle directions (about 10 minutes). Drain and rinse with cool water, return the to the pot, and put aside (off of the warmth).
- Add the beans, lemon juice, garlic, white pepper, and nutmeg to the blender of cashews and water, and mix till very easy (add slightly water as wanted to skinny).
- Stir the Alfredo sauce into the pot of cooked pasta, and warmth by on medium-low warmth (do not boil). Serve instantly as is or topped with grated nuts (use a rotary cheese grater to create a parmesan cheese-like topping) and/or chopped contemporary parsley.
Your place is here kitchengadgets.shop. Enjoy!
White beans. You can use any kind of white beans on this recipe. I normally use navy beans, however you may also use nice northern, cannellini, or “white” beans.
Adjust the nuts. If you do not wish to use nuts within the sauce, merely substitute ½ cup extra white beans of their place. The sauce won’t have the identical richness (since nuts are practically all fats), however it can nonetheless produce a pleasant sauce. Also, be at liberty to lower or improve the nuts as desired, adjusting the beans measurement accordingly (in order that you find yourself with a complete of two cups of cashews and beans).
For slightly extra taste, add a teaspoon of lemon zest or ¼ to ½ teaspoon sizzling pink pepper flakes to the pasta and sauce in step four.
For a heartier meal, add some evenly cooked greens, equivalent to onion, mushrooms, inexperienced peas, and/or summer season squash, and/or chopped contemporary tomatoes.
Click here to view our awesome products for pasta!